The Seurasaari Open-Air Museum provides an insight into Finnish housing in days gone by and Finnish folk tradition. The buildings and interiors transferred to the Museum from the Finnish provinces reflect the life of crofters, peasants and gentry from the 18th to the 20th century. Guides in national costumes lead visitors back to the cottages and salons of former times during the summer season 15.6. - 15.8. The guided tour begins from the ticket kiosk daily, 11.00 in German, 13.00 in Finnish and in Swedish, 15.00 in English. The guided tour is included in the museum ticket. Craft demonstrations, concerts, Midsummer festivities. In 2009 the museum celebrates its 100th anniversary.
2009: During 15.-31.5. Mon-Fri 9-15, Sat-Sun 11-17, during 1.6.-31.8. daily 11-17, during 1.-15.9. Mon-Fri 9-15, Sat-Sun 11-17.
2009: Adults 6E, students and pensioners 4E, children under 18 yrs free of charge.
Bus 24 from Erottaja to the end of the bridge to Seurasaari or tram 4 to Pikku-Huopalahti from where a walk approx. 10 min.
Seurasaari Summer Restaurant tel. 09-487 072. A beautiful, idyllic cafeteria built in 1880. Seating for 645. Open from May 1 to end of September.
Guided tours 44E/1h, an additional opening fee outside opening times 50E/hour, guidebooking, tel+358-(0)9-4050 9660 or email@example.com .
Seurasaari and the Seurasaari café/restaurant are open all year round the Café "Antin kahviliiteri", approx. 25-30 seats, museum shop. Kiosks and a beach.
Accessability with wheelchair might be a bit difficult, ramp can be installed to some houses (when requested), assistant needed. Permit to drive in the museum grounds from sports department, Inva-WC.